Papercourt has a number of boats available for members to hire on a daily basis. Club boats are not available for hire to visitors. Boats are available on a first come first served basis. Booking and payment is through the OOD (Officer of the Day) in person at the Club on the day and prior to the hire. The member must be competent to sail the boat hired. The boats available, together with the charges, are shown below:
|£15 per day
£10 per part day
£7 per Wednesday evening
6 RS Fevas
4 Hartley 12-2s
3 RS Visions
1 Hartley 15-2
2 Laser Radials
|£20 per day
£15 per part day
£10 per Wednesday evening
Information about the suitability of each class of boat and their location is available to download at the bottom of this page, as is a plan showing the location of each berth.
Occasionally some boats may be pre-booked for training or some other event, or may be out of commission. On Saturday mornings in the summer, the Optimists may only be hired by beginners attending the organised Club training sessions.
The member is responsible for the boat and should take due regard of their own experience and the weather conditions before hiring.
Care of All Club Boats
After use the hirer/trainee is to store the boat tidily in the correct berth, securely cover the vessel, and tie down (where applicable).
- Optimist Return mast, sail, centre board and tiller/rudder to the green container.
- Toppers Return mast and sails to the green container; leave boom, centreboard and rudder in the boat.
- Laser Sail and foils stay in the boat.
- Fevas Return sails and rudders to the sail shed.
- Vision All sails and foils stay in the boat.
- Wanderers All sails and foils stay in the boat.
- Other Training Boats Follow instructions on laminated sheets in the boats.
Club boats are the property of Club members. They are easily damaged. Please treat them as you would your own craft and report any damage or defects immediately to the Officer of the Day for recording in the log and attach an "Out of Service/Awaits Repair" label, available from the galley, to the boat.
Last updated 17:52 on 18 December 2023